Roadmap

Aug 16, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Edited Aug 17, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Hi,

I am very excited about this project but am somewhat lost regarding future developments.
Most work seems to be going on in version 2, is version 1 complete and no longer in development?

Version 2 uses a custom compiler so what are your plans regarding tooling:
  • What editor can you use?
  • Will there be any syntax highlighting and autocomplete (or even something like Intellisense)?
  • What about debugging?
  • How easy will it be to incorporate f# libraries and other components (like rx in addition to casanovas coroutines)?
Thx a lot and keep up your good work,
Eugen
Coordinator
Apr 14, 2014 at 1:31 PM
Paradigma11 wrote:
Hi,

I am very excited about this project but am somewhat lost regarding future developments.
Most work seems to be going on in version 2, is version 1 complete and no longer in development?

Version 2 uses a custom compiler so what are your plans regarding tooling:
  • What editor can you use?
  • Will there be any syntax highlighting and autocomplete (or even something like Intellisense)?
  • What about debugging?
  • How easy will it be to incorporate f# libraries and other components (like rx in addition to casanovas coroutines)?
Thx a lot and keep up your good work,
Eugen
Hi, apologies for the really late response. I assumed Codeplex would automatically notify me of discussion, and never checked in the assumption of anyone writing. In any case, we have moved all development to version 2, which is much higher in quality. The compiler generates higher performance code, and is fully capable of calling any existing .Net dll, thus including anything ranging from Unity to whatever custom DLL you wish to build.

We are currently in the process of adding Roslyn support, in order to get basic Visual Studio support (I doubt that IntelliSense will be available any time soon), but it will take some time.

Thanks a lot for the encouragement